Duke & King recognises and values the protection of your personal information. We are aware of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and we will ensure that we fulfil our obligations under that Act.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
From time to time, we may ask you to supply personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number or e-mail address. However, under no circumstances will we request or collect any information from you that may disclose your:
- political, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations;
- health and sexuality;
- racial or ethnic origin; or
- criminal convictions.
We may also conduct surveys or market research and may seek other information from you on a periodic basis. These surveys will provide us with information that allows improvement in the types and quality of services offered to you, and the manner in which those services are offered to you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA THE WEBSITE
Most commercial websites use ‘cookies’, which are pieces of information that websites send to the browser and are stored in the computer hard-drive. Cookies make using our website easier by storing information about your preferences on our website. This allows our Website to be tailored to you for any of your return visits. Cookies will not identify you personally.
If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can alter your security settings on your web browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, by disabling the cookie function in your web browser you may impede your ability to use parts of our website.
YOUR OPTION NOT TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may from time to time run competitions or offer additional benefits to you and we may ask you to provide us with your personal details for these purposes. Providing us with this information is absolutely optional to you. However, if you do not provide your personal information to us we may not be able to contact you or give you access to the additional benefits.
You may opt out of these additional communications at any time and can do so by emailing us.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information, including your e-mail address, will be used for the following primary purposes:
- to process and finalise orders made via our website;
- to ensure the proper functioning of our website; and
- to assist Duke & King with our marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
We will not use or disclose (or permit the use or disclosure of) personal information that could be used to identify an individual member in any circumstances except:
- to ensure the proper functioning of our business and our website
- to communicate promotional offers and special events to you;
- where the law requires us, or authorises us to do so; or
- where you have given express consent to us for a prescribed purpose.
Duke & King will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose, share or pass your personal information onto any third parties, other than those who are contracted to us to keep the information confidential whether subject to a statute or a scheme which imposes similar restrictions to the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regarding the handling of personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected from you is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by our authorised personnel.
Please note that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will endeavour to protect your personal information as best as possible but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM OUR E-MAIL DATABASE
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, please click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any email campaign.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to access the information that you provide to us.
If you wish to access, modify or remove any personal information that you have provided to us, please contact us at [email protected]
Duke & King is committed to observing and complying with its obligations at all times under any relevant Spam legislation and regulations in any subject country.
We assure you that:
- we have crafted an internal policy to educate staff and implement clear guidelines and rules in relation to the dissemination of commercial electronic messages;
- you may at any time unsubscribe from any mailing list to which you have previously subscribed. If for any reason there appears to be no facility to unsubscribe from the mailing list, please send an email to (link) advising us of your wish to unsubscribe; and
- we will not use address-harvesting software for any reason whatsoever.
To assist us to combat spam, we request your assistance with the following:
- If you receive an unauthorised commercial message, which appears to originate from a Duke & King email address, please assume that it has been sent in error and notify us immediately on the above contact details;
- Please ensure that you unsubscribe from any of the Duke & King mailing lists if you decide that you no longer wish to receive electronic commercial messages from Duke & King or its contracted third parties; and
- Please notify us of any changes to your personal details or cancellation of your email address so we can update our records.